Previous topicNext topic

Some Questions Before I Buy Your Software

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
NavidNilchian

Some Questions Before I Buy Your Software

Post by NavidNilchian »

Hello!

Just have a few brief questions regarding your great software.

I'm coming from using zGame Visualizer in FL Studio. Unfortunately, zGame has an incredible number of bugs at the moment which has sent me on the search to find the perfect program to replace it and aid me in creating my version of Pink Floyd's "The Wall" for my upcoming dark techno album.

That's when I stumbled upon this program. I did quite a bit of research on your software so far but these questions remain:

1) It notes that we can use several audio files simutaneously, but how many exactly is the maximum? If my export all my mixer track's 1 by 1, it could sometimes add up to 40-60 individual audio clips. That's the purpose of this question.

2) Besides mp4 - what other format's can I export as for the final movie?

3) Upon using the demo version of this software for couple minutes, I didn't see anywhere where I would be dragging audio clips, does this software feature its own mixer or does it run a different way of routing everything together?

4) Is there anyway to use zGame visualizer in tandem with your software by any chance? I know that's a long shot but can't hurt to ask right? :)

Thank you for your time and hope to hear back from you guys! Your software look's very promising as a solid choice in what I'm trying to do here.

-Navid Nilchian

www.fvckthesystem.com
blackdot

Re: Some Questions Before I Buy Your Software

Post by blackdot »

i can answer 2) and 3):

2) yes, but if you wish to do your own encoding, you can simply export your stuff as a png-sequence and encode that to your liking afterwards.

3) you go to the AUDIO/MIDI Window (Window>Audio/Midi Window, or ctrl-shift-a), there you click add-file, then you add your audio file. then, in the same window you add a new input and chose your audio file there. now you can use that input in the modules.
Terry Payman

Post by Terry Payman »

FWIW here's my unofficial take on Q1 & Q4, and a comment on Q3.

1) Maximum audio tracks will depend on your available computer RAM, CPU type and speed, perhaps on track duration, and will almost certainly be far greater if you use 64-bit Magic (although that rules out use of most FFGL plugins which are 32-bit only).

You will need to specify at least your RAM size and CPU (perhaps also track duration) before Eric can give specifics on track count limits. I would imagine that 60 tracks of a 5 minute song would easily be handled by 64-bit Magic on a modern computer. I use low-bitrate MP3 tracks for everything but the main mix to keep project disk storage space at a minimum, but I believe these are all decompressed as they are loaded into RAM.

3) Magic doesn't have a mixer as such. You can mute individual tracks, but all un-muted tracks are just played at full-volume. Typically one uses an un-muted master stereo mix as one of Magic's tracks, with all other tracks muted and used just to control visual elements within Magic scenes. For this internal use, a wide-range gain control is available.

4) If you can render a video file with your zGame visualizer you can use that file within Magic.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Just a bit of extra information to add to what others have said:

1) There is no absolute limit to how many audio files you can play at once. It depends entirely on your hardware. If you play your audio files from disk (the default setting), you will need to have a very fast disk (such as an SSD) to play 40-60 of them at once. Otherwise you will get pops/clicks.

If you play your audio files from memory (Audio Window menu > Load Audio Files Into Memory), your disk speed becomes completely irrelevant, but the amount of RAM you have becomes extremely important. You would probably need to have 16 or 32GB of RAM to fit 40-60 tracks in memory, and of course it depends on how long they are. Also, 64-bit Magic would be necessary.

2) The other export option is a .png sequence: https://magicmusicvisuals.com/downloads ... vieFormats

3) I recommend you have a look at the Audio File section of the User's Guide: https://magicmusicvisuals.com/downloads ... AudioFiles

4) There is no way to integrate zGame directly, but what Terry said is a good solution :).
NavidNilchian

Post by NavidNilchian »

thank you guys so much for your responses!

my cpu is pretty good: i5-3570k 3.0ghz, 16gb ddr3 ram, 3 hard drives (1tb, 500gb, 1tb), gtx 970 graphics card

I'm trying to create an entire album of music and need visuals to tell the story with video, would this software be appropriate for such a goal? It needs to be in sync with the music from beginning to end and scene's need to be able to transition into another scene in intricate ways.

Would this program be able to pull off something like that? Thanks again for your guys` help! Just want to make sure I'm spending time and money on this program without any limitation's to my final goal.