Previous topicNext topic

Kinect?

Suggestions for new features for Magic.
BaconMKII

Kinect?

Post by BaconMKII »

Hi Eric,
Just installed Magic and Im having a great time using it so far. Its easier to jump into than Touch Designer. I was going to suggest spout integration but its already on the list which is excellent! Any plans to include any kind of kinect modules?

Also, once Ive signed up for the mailing list, how can I get access to the current beta?

Thanks!
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Upcoming features

Post by Magic »

Cool thanks!

I know I have at least one other customer who has used Kinect with Magic, but I'll have to ask him how he did so. I know it was on a Mac though.

Right now there aren't specific plans to create Kinect modules due to the limited demand, but that could change of course. For now, Syphon (and soon, Spout) would be the best way to use Kinect.

We only send out a message to the mailing list around once a month, so there isn't a way to get the new Betas after that happens. But, the release of 1.43 will probably be available in a couple weeks so you won't have to wait too long :).
AniRhythm

Re: Upcoming features

Post by AniRhythm »

I'm using a software called iclone - reallusion.com - that has a kinect mocap plug in system and drivers to connect in pc - not sure how you would use kinect with magic, but sounds interesting.

which btw, iclone is an amazing companion software to magic, I'm using that along with project dogwaffle, and a few other off broadway softwares , I'm in abstract music video heaven with this combo!

Cheers :)
BaconMKII

Re: Kinect?

Post by BaconMKII »

Ill have to look into iclone. Ive been using processing to get a contour mask and using spout to get it into magic or resolume.
Im curious to see how you're using pairing the mocap with magic. Also this is my first time hearing about PD, Do you have a youtube channel?