Previous topicNext topic

Windows 10 -- Can't Launch Demo?

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
ChillCreep

Windows 10 -- Can't Launch Demo?

Post by ChillCreep »

Hello there!

I'm super excited about playing with this program, but when I try to install the demo, I get an error message saying Windows cannot access the file, and that I may need authorization to run it.

I know the file path is accurate. Windows has installed other .exe files from that location previously. I tried changing compatibility to run as if in Win7 and then in Win8, both as an admin, and it still refused to work.

Not sure what to do now, but I really, really want to check out the program. Any suggestions? Is there a non-exe installer, an .msi or a .bat available?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

~ Burke
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Windows 10 -- Can't Launch Demo?

Post by Magic »

Hmm, I haven't heard of that issue before. I guarantee Magic runs on Windows 10 with no problems :). Is it possible the filename is being saved incorrectly -- without the .exe extension? If so, simply renaming it and adding .exe at the end should fix it.

If that's not it, could you post a screenshot of the error message?
dj0le

Post by dj0le »

Can confirm it works in Win 10 with no issues.

Could it be that you installed the 64 bit version into Program FIles (x86) or vice versa? I don't know if the demo is 32 or 64bit, but maybe just move it to the other program files folder and it will run?
yatessim

Post by yatessim »

I have had the same problem . seems that it might be linked to anti virus software . Norton in my case.
tried to load win 64bit demo. details given say file which is the problem only has issues with xp to win 2000 so not sure whether to bypass Norton .
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

That's strange, because it won't run on those older OS's anyway. Windows 7 is the minimum.

I'll have to think about this. I guarantee it's safe though, if it helps.
yatessim

Post by yatessim »

have bought magic performer . switched off Norton antivirus and it installed fine. windows 10
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Just to clarify, was the problem with running the installer, or was it with running the application after it was installed?
yatessim

Post by yatessim »

Norton would not let it install. absolutely lovin magic. addicted