Previous topicNext topic

scenes - video start

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
verstaerker

scenes - video start

Post by verstaerker »

hi - i'm new to Magic Studio
i'm about create a video for my music using some scenes and auto-advance in the playlist
in one scene i'm using a longer video - each time the scene starts the video starts from the beginning - but i'd like that it starts where it stopped when scene was switched to the next one. How can this be realized?
I tried using a linear increase on the start time, but this also resets to 0 when the scene starts
Magic
Site Admin

Re: scenes - video start

Post by Magic »

Normally you'd solve that just by unchecking the "Scene Start" parameter. But unfortunately there is a bug in v1.65 which prevents that from working, so you have to take an extra step, which is to right-click the scene's tab and select "Keep in Graphics Memory".

We've fixed the bug for the upcoming v2.0 release, so you won't have to take the extra step.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Will it be possible in the new release to have the video continue playing, so that an audio track can remain in sync, when you come back to the scene with the video.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

One way to do that now would be to put the VideoFile module into a Scene module. Here's a quick example: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12 . Then just put that Scene module into any other scenes you want to switch to. If you don't want the video to be visible in certain scenes, you can make it black or transparent.

The basic idea is that the video will always be playing no matter what scene you select, therefore it will always retain sync.

I think there are a couple other ways to do it, but that's probably the easiest.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Thanks Eric! Especially for the great software.