Previous topicNext topic

Midi and Trail Questions

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
hhart2556

Midi and Trail Questions

Post by hhart2556 »

I have attached a screenshot of my current project. I'm wanted to create something that I can use as a visualization of piano music. However, I'm having some difficulty.

Midi:
1. Is it possible to hold out multiple notes without them cutting off? When I try to do this it instantly cuts off the first note and goes to the second.
2. When I'm not making any midi inputs, it keeps the last note and holds it until I do another input (see the yellow in the screenshot). Can this be fixed so the last note cuts off after the release?
3. Is it possible to use midi data from a .mid file? Or do I have to use my device?

Trail:
1. Is there a way to make the trail not blur automatically? I have the blur and blur radius set to 0/ on my trail but I'm still getting a blur.

Sorry if this has been asked before I searched around and couldn't find anything.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (125.21 KiB) Viewed 2600 times
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Midi and Trail Questions

Post by Magic »

Your MIDI issue is arising from the "Note Number" feature you are using: https://magicmusicvisuals.com/downloads ... DIFeatures. The Note Number only reports the most recent note, which is why it cuts off old ones and holds the last one.

If you want to visualize multiple simultaneous notes, you have to use multiple modules -- one for each note -- and select each note's corresponding "Note Velocity" feature. For an example, have a look at the "MIDIPiano" sample project. Let me know if you have any questions about it.
3. Is it possible to use midi data from a .mid file? Or do I have to use my device?
You'll be able to do this directly in Magic v2.0, but for now you can play the .mid file from a different application and route it into Magic with a utility. See this post for more info: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=920&p=4549#p4530
1. Is there a way to make the trail not blur automatically? I have the blur and blur radius set to 0/ on my trail but I'm still getting a blur.
With the Trails module, unfortunately no, not really.