Previous topicNext topic

ColorRGB on Multiple Layers

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
mikeymalone

ColorRGB on Multiple Layers

Post by mikeymalone »

So I've got multiple layers using the colorRGB. The first is a static value, and the second is a dynamic value based on volume/freq/etc. What I expected to happen was the last in the chain would overwrite the one before it, but it appears that the first in the chain is overwriting the rest, and the second colorRGB in the chain doesn't change color of the poly?

Example:
http://image.prntscr.com/image/8c757b73 ... 6cfccb.png

Now I know I can do the RGB in the same box, I'm just doing this as example, because the effect is the same if you're using multiple RGB in a chain of scenes.

Another Example:
Scene1 = Polygon + colorRGB
Scene2 = Misc Text
Scene3 = Scene1 & Scene2 + colorRGB

The text is affected by the second colorRGB, but the poly that had the first colorRGB doesn't get affected.

http://image.prntscr.com/image/2645b370 ... c4ec67.png
Magic
Site Admin

Re: ColorRGB on Multiple Layers

Post by Magic »

So I've got multiple layers using the colorRGB. The first is a static value, and the second is a dynamic value based on volume/freq/etc. What I expected to happen was the last in the chain would overwrite the one before it, but it appears that the first in the chain is overwriting the rest, and the second colorRGB in the chain doesn't change color of the poly?
Yes, unfortunately that's just how it works in OpenGL. The color can only be "set" once per geometry element.

As an alternative, you can try the HueSaturation module, which "modifies" the color rather than "sets" it, and can be used multiple times.
mikeymalone

Post by mikeymalone »

That sucks. :(

I was using colorhsb but because I couldn't control the colors output as easily I went to the RGB...

Back to the drawing board.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

There is a way you can get around it. If you put an Effect2D module in between the two ColorRGB modules, it will work as you want. For example, try Transparency with the parameter set to 0.

This works because the Effects2D modules introduce another geometry element -- a rectangle that is the same size as the window.