Previous topicNext topic

read simultaneously the sound from a video and this video

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
ph.bertrand

read simultaneously the sound from a video and this video

Post by ph.bertrand »

Hi,
I must read simultaneously the sound from a video and this video.
Hours to search how to do! I don't find.
Help!
Thanks a lot
P.Bertrand
Magic
Site Admin

Re: read simultaneously the sound from a video and this vide

Post by Magic »

I'm not sure I understand your question. Is it different than the one you asked in viewtopic.php?f=2&t=948 ?
ph.bertrand

Post by ph.bertrand »

No, it's the same question.
I just want to read a video with an audio track . just a play stop, like in VLC, or windowsmediaplayer...
Where is going the sound from the video?
Thx.
P.Bertrand
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

No, it's the same question.
Ok... so did the answer in the other post not help? What artnik said is correct:
artnik wrote:export the audio using a video-editing app and import that. Not fancy, but it works.

OR

In the Audio/MIDI window, click on "Import Audio Files" button and import the movie file there. It will pull in the audio. I tested it with an MP4 and it worked fine. :-)
Also, here are some similar topics, which have additional information/solutions:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=350
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=605
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=542

The important thing to understand is that Magic is not a video player or video editor, and it cannot manipulate or edit audio. Its sole purpose is to generate new video, based on audio and MIDI input. None of Magic's modules output any audio. When you load existing video clips with the VideoFile module, the audio playback is ignored. Video clips are meant to be used as creative sub-elements in your larger project, and not necessarily played start-to-finish in a linear fashion. Once you start manipulating the time/speed/looping of videos, the audio will be out of sync anyway.

If what you want is to always manipulate sound together with video, you should probably look into a different program such as Serato Video, which lets you "scratch" video files as if you were manipulating them on a DJ turntable.

Or, if you just want to edit existing videos and maybe add a few extra audio-reactive effects here and there, I would recommend something like AfterEffects, where the concept of the linear timeline is much more central.

Can you describe a bit about exactly why you need to read the sound simultaneously from the video file? Maybe I can help you achieve what you are trying to do. :)