Previous topicNext topic

What controllers do you guys use with magic?

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
shigudy

What controllers do you guys use with magic?

Post by shigudy »

I'm trying to figure out what controller i should get for my first. Most importantly I need it for magic, but if it could also be compatible with resolume that'd be nice.
Comment what kind of controller you have and the brand please!
blackdot

Re: What controllers do you guys use with magic?

Post by blackdot »

i use three "korg nanokontontrol 2" because they have a lot of buttons and slider for the money. in retrospect i should maybe have gotten something else. windows has really trouble differentiating between multiple of the same devices, so i have to plug them in in the right order for them to associate with the correct input in magic. quite a bit annoying.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

If you have a smartphone or tablet, I highly recommend TouchOSC. See our discussion here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=886

I also have the Numark Orbit and it's very good, especially for the accelerometers: https://www.numark.com/product/orbit
dj0le

Post by dj0le »

My current controller of choice is the Livid Base II. I have used a lot of hardware, but never anything that is as bullet proof and easy to transport. You seriously can't break it. It is awesome.

http://lividinstruments.com/products/base/

I don't use my controller in Magic though, I only use it for Resolume.
mikeymalone

Post by mikeymalone »

I have a myriad of midi devices, but I second touchOSC. Simply because I can create whatever interface I want to use, sliders, buttons, toggles, LEDs, etc.

Also I've used a Midifighter Spectra with it.