Previous topicNext topic

Exporting Movies

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
edmar

Exporting Movies

Post by edmar »

Hello: please I need a solution to "Export Movie" in a MAC with "El Capitan". The mp4 doesn't work (I saw the advertence in the User guide) and I don't know what to do with the thousands of png files.

Thanks... :oops:
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Exporting Movies

Post by Magic »

What is the problem with the mp4?
edmar

Post by edmar »

Ok. My first intention, was to record mp4 with a size of 1920x1080. I tried about five times. After that I wrote to the forum. Later, I changed the resolution to 1280x720 and every thing worked perfectly. Thats seems to be the limit of my hardware (MBPro late 2011).
Quoting the user's guide: "Movie files can be exported at any desired width, height, and frames per second, up to very high resolutions limited only by graphics hardware."

The user's guide also says: "Note 3: Exporting .mp4 files is not available on OS X 10.6." I assumed that any OS X after 10.6 had the same problem. :o :D
edmar

Post by edmar »

This can help somebody.
Following the previous post.
The problem was not the video file size (1920x1080 or 1280x720). At a moment I could not record video in 1280x720 either, until I disconnected my audio soundcards. I have a M-Track Quad (M-Audio) and a Komplete Audio 6 (Native Instruments) that absolutely do everything in my system except recording videos in Magic Studio. I use them to work in audio 4.0 and 5.1. I tested each of them, one at a time, with the same result: Magic crashed showing me the usual OSX crash report. The solution: in Magic, using the audio output of my MBPro I could record videos in any size without problems. Obviously it is a question of compatibility between OSX and Magic. :mrgreen: :idea: :)
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

The only thing your sound cards have to do with exporting is the sample rate. When you import an audio file, it uses the sample rate of your sound card (otherwise it wouldn't play back correctly). But the mp4 format doesn't support high sample rates (96000 or 192000); 48000 is the maximum. So you can't export a movie unless your sound card is set to 48000 or below.

I thought I had handled this situation properly, so if Magic is crashing, I'll need to take another look. But setting your sound card's sample rate to 48000 should prevent the crash and allow you to export without any problems.