Previous topicNext topic

New way of requesting features.

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
D1gits

New way of requesting features.

Post by D1gits »

Hi there!

Hope you all are having a fantastic summer. Just came home after a few weeks in the sun : )

I have seen a lot of request coming up about almost the same things (me included). Im have spotted how VUO is working with its community. And it somehow makes sense. Altho its credit system is a bit not so appealing. There you can pitch your ideas to the developers. And the idéas is that you can vote for certain features you want. In the end the developers chose what to implement but they can easily see how its community is voting.
VUO Requests
VUO Requests
Screencap 2016-07-14 kl. 14.57.02.jpg (179.85 KiB) Viewed 3018 times
In this way you can have a nice overview of what others want and people wanting the same features will be seen as voting for the same thing...

What you think?
Magic
Site Admin

Re: New way of requesting features.

Post by Magic »

If other people think it's a good idea, I'm happy to look into it. But it would take some work to implement a voting system, and it would take away time from implementing new Magic features.

I do keep a comprehensive list of all feature requests, and I rank them according to several factors. Some changes are superficial and easy to do, but some require a lot of underlying work. A simple ranking according to user votes wouldn't always guarantee what happens when.

When implementing new features, one of my primary goals is to make sure Magic remains as absolutely stable and reliable as possible. Implementing new features at the wrong time is a sure way to introduce instability.
rhcball

Re: New way of requesting features.

Post by rhcball »

Now that I think of it, I don't recall any crashes or wonky shenanigans the whole time I've used Magic. So nicely done.