Previous topicNext topic

Movement from A to B?

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
devarni

Movement from A to B?

Post by devarni »

I have a image of an airplane which should be moved from A to B. I've only found the sine/triangle oscillator which goes a bit in this direction but it's not really the behaviour I need. Ideally would be some kind of bezier curve/timeline stuff but such feature is not implemented.

Is there a better/different solution to move an object from A to B?
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Movement from A to B?

Post by Magic »

If you're trying to move an object on a complex pre-defined path and not have it react to audio or MIDI, the best thing is to render it to a video using a different program. Then you can use Magic to trigger the video however you want.

Rendering pre-defined movement to a video can also reduce the load on Magic.

If you need better real-time timeline/bezier control, you may want to look at http://imimot.com/vezer/ or http://www.duration.cc/.

I'll also be adding some new MIDI features to Magic 2.0 (due out later this year) which will let you record and import MIDI files for use as timeline sequencers.
devarni

Post by devarni »

Can Duration connected to MMV? I see only they supporting OSC (which is Afaik not supported by MMV).
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

Unless you're after a very specific flight path, I think MMV does alright for landings and take-offs.
flight_path.magic
Needs a plane PNG and a background
(1.35 KiB) Downloaded 289 times
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Can Duration connected to MMV? I see only they supporting OSC (which is Afaik not supported by MMV).
You're right, I forgot about that. But you should still be able to use an OSC-to-MIDI converter, if it isn't too much trouble. I'm actually not sure what the best one is. Does anyone know?
Unless you're after a very specific flight path, I think MMV does alright for landings and take-offs.
Very nice :). I would have appreciated some loud jet engine sound effects though :)