Previous topicNext topic

is it possible to input cubemaps into a shader?

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
mTvizuals

is it possible to input cubemaps into a shader?

Post by mTvizuals »

some of the shaders use cube maps with 6 images . Is there a way to use a cubemap?

I see the jpg folder module, but haven't had any luck with it.

Thank you!
artnik

Re: is it possible to input cubemaps into a shader?

Post by artnik »

I'm not sure if this answers your question, but I was messing with skyboxes and came up with a template which takes 6 images, and makes a SKYBOX with simple camera controls. See annotations inside file for details.

Cheers!
CubeMap_Skybox.magic
(2.59 KiB) Downloaded 430 times
mTvizuals

Post by mTvizuals »

artnik wrote:I'm not sure if this answers your question, but I was messing with skyboxes and came up with a template which takes 6 images, and makes a SKYBOX with simple camera controls. See annotations inside file for details.
No, but that's cool! I can load some of the default cubemaps in there and navigate them.

Some shaders at shadertoy and glslsandbox require a cubemap to reflect off of.. or that is my limited understanding of the cubemap's role...

Monster, for example: https://www.shadertoy.com/view/4sX3R2 goes dark when you import it into magic.

And when I say some shaders, I mean some of the coolest ones... :cry:

Cheers!
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

There are a couple Shadertoy features that aren't supported yet, and cubemaps happen to be one of them :(. Another one is multi-pass. But I am definitely planning on improving Magic's support of these things.