Previous topicNext topic

Recommendations for Video Mixing Sofware ?

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
Slavi

Recommendations for Video Mixing Sofware ?

Post by Slavi »

Hi Magic Fan(atic)s :),

I would like thank the Dev team for making such incredible product! I don't want to rant about it, but Magic is the best Software Product I have ever seen, that not only helped me, but in a way brought new meaning to my life :oops:

As a rookie VJ, I would like to ask the community for any recommendation of Video Mixing software, which fits nice with Magic.
As of now, I would love the mixing app to be as simple as possible (if possible of course).
In a perfect world I would have:
- ability to play a background video, while my Magic projects are shown
- have a MIDI keyboard and via a slider or potentiometer to transition from one Magic scene to another.
- maybe a set of transition effects

Thank you and may the Force be with you on your projects 8-)

Regards,
S.
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Recommendations for Video Mixing Sofware ?

Post by Magic »

Thanks for your kind words :). I'm not sure if I understand your question though, because Magic can easily play videos in the background, so you wouldn't need separate software. Have you looked at the VideoFile module?

You can also use MIDI to transition between scenes in many different ways, such as with the Playlist, or the InputSelector/MultiMix modules.

I think those satisfy all your requirements?

You might want to have a quick look at the User's Guide to learn more about the things I mentioned, but feel free to let me know if you have any further questions.
Slavi

Post by Slavi »

Hi Eric,

Thank you for the quck reply.

For the first time in my life, I have read the entire manual. That was a week ago. I guess I was overwhelmed by all the other features and completely ignored that part :oops: .

Thank you for your advise!

P.S.
I also plan to upgrade my video card and I going trough a lot of parameters like 2/4GB, GDDR5, 128/256 bit, etc. Is there are topic in the forum that discuss which Video Card parameters are most important/optimal for Magic ?
blackdot

Post by blackdot »

Slavi wrote: I also plan to upgrade my video card and I going trough a lot of parameters like 2/4GB, GDDR5, 128/256 bit, etc. Is there are topic in the forum that discuss which Video Card parameters are most important/optimal for Magic ?
personally i think for an application like magic you would want a cards with as much vram as possible. i have a gtx 980 with 4gb (expensive card though), but there are other cheaper amd cards with as much or even more vram. a good benchmark site is anandtech.

cheers
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

I would also suggest 4GB if possible. Other than that, my recommendation is to determine your budget and get the best card you can afford. Do you have any thoughts about how much you want to spend?
Slavi

Post by Slavi »

Hi Team,

Thank you for your advices !

I will do my best to get a 4GB video card so I can play with Magic anyway I want.

Thank you for your time!