Previous topicNext topic

Windows 7 problem - No image search for module

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
Growly

Windows 7 problem - No image search for module

Post by Growly »

Hi,
Magic was working fine then suddenly stopped after a fresh boot up. "Magic 32bit latest version"
I have been using - right click Add, Media, and Image and then left clicking the file tab on the menu that should bring up my computer folders to select the image. This is now not functioning and clicking the folder tab on the module brings up no windows folders at all so I cannot select anything for an image.
Media select for jpeg folder,videocapture,videofile and videostream all work fine and bring up selection windows.

Also when exporting a file to an MP4 I need to select a destination folder.
Again clicking on the destination (select an output file name) the right hand tab brings up no windows folders if it is set to MP4 so I cannot even select a destination there? If I tick Image sequence (.png) I can suddenly access my folders with the destination tab.

I tried re-installing the main program with no luck.
Could my recent Java update be affecting this?

I have deactivated Magic removed everything.
I am running Registry healer to clean everything and will start afresh.
Malware and Virus checks are all negative.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Growly
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Windows 7 problem - No image search for module

Post by Magic »

Hmm, that's quite strange. I'm not sure what could be going on, but I think I have a potential solution you can try: deleting your Magic preferences (which will reset your folder paths and all other Magic settings).

Make sure you are not running Magic, then open a folder window, and go to C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming. Simply delete the Magic folder, and then run Magic again.

Let me know if it helps.
Growly

Re: Windows 7 problem - No image search for module

Post by Growly »

Thanks very much Eric, it's all now working.

I think windows must have crashed and corrupted that file you pointed out.
Even although I had already de-registered and removed Magic, that file you suggested was still there in the app directory.
I deleted it as you suggested , I then re-installed completely from new and entered the registration details again and I am fully back up and running.

Great program! Thanks for your assistance.
Growly