Previous topicNext topic

Cheap video capture help (Sabrent Video Capture USB 2)

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
colorswimming

Cheap video capture help (Sabrent Video Capture USB 2)

Post by colorswimming »

So I'm trying to connect my composite-based VJ rig (VCRs, Video Mixer, Colorizor) and connect it to into the desktop & laptop using the Sabrent USB Video Capture dongle: http://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-USB-AVCPT ... B0011N9QNC

The feed is showing up in their provided Ulead VideoStudio video editing program and VLC dshow streaming option. However, I can't get it to show up in Magic Music Visuals. Also, for some reason it doesn't work in Skype either.

I've updated the drivers and everything. I'm running Windows 10.
I bought this device because of its affordability, should I return it for some expensive videogame recording hardware? Money is kind of an issue.

Thanks!
Ronen
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Cheap video capture help (Sabrent Video Capture USB 2)

Post by Magic »

Hmm, I'm not sure. If you look at the Amazon reviews, it seems like a lot of people are having trouble getting it to work on anything except Windows XP.

Does anyone else out there know of a cheap analog capture solution that works with Magic?
TheLaughingBuddha

Post by TheLaughingBuddha »

I now that here in the UK there is a website called 'cashgenerators'...who sell second hand stuff and they often have old video capture/mixing hardware on there cheap....its just a case of going through the pages to find it :).
Regards
Terry Payman

Post by Terry Payman »

Buying used kit can be a great way to save money, but be careful to research whether the item works without issues on your OS and if any special installation method is needed for a driver.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

You may also want to try this program, which I recommend to a lot of people: https://manycam.com/. It is compatible with older capture devices, and can be selected in Magic in the VidCap module.