Previous topicNext topic

Is it possible to randomly jump through JpegFolder

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
blackdot

Is it possible to randomly jump through JpegFolder

Post by blackdot »

I'm still figuring out the new features. Is it possible to randomly jump through JpegFolder on a music queue? Eg. the frames are ordinarily played after each other and then when the beatclock reaches 1, it jumps a random frame and continues the "playback" there ? Like with a really big jpg sequence of 1000 pictures or so. I tried playing around with the random modifier, but couldnt manage it.

what i could do is manually set of offsets to manually jump ahead 200 or 400 frames or whatever. but would it also be possible to automatically do that? thaanks.
TheLaughingBuddha

Re: Is it possible to randomly jump through JpegFolder

Post by TheLaughingBuddha »

Hi
something like this works for me :)

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=B ... hoto%2cjpg

(Sorry for the Onedrive link...I'm not sure how to post pics to the forum)

Just adjust the parameters to your needs :)
(there is probably a better way to do it but I am a n00b so please excuse me if I have it wrong.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

You might have figured this out already, but here is something I came up with:
ClockThreshold.jpg
ClockThreshold.jpg (28.26 KiB) Viewed 3639 times
The base FPS is 30, indicated by the Increase parameter, and the "jump" is 1000, indicated by the Scale parameter. Whenever the beat clock is exactly 1.0 (at the beginning of a beat), the Threshold will send 1.0 through, and it will be scaled by 1000, and added to the Increase's current value. Otherwise, the Threshold will pass through 0, so it won't affect the Increase.

Hopefully that made sense :). The only issue is that the Scale parameter isn't random, but you could theoretically link the Scale parameter to MIDI, and generate a pseudo-random MIDI value with some other program.

My brain feels like it's not functioning 100% right now, but I'll post again if I can thing of anything else :).
blackdot

Post by blackdot »

Yes thanks, this will do the trick i think. Hurray :D