Previous topicNext topic

Problems with Audio File Playback

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
edmar

Problems with Audio File Playback

Post by edmar »

Hello: I just bought this app and I have a problem.

I'm following exactly the User guide. After importing audio files (aiff or wav) there is not way to play audio. Every file is assigned correctly to the inputs and every things is done accordingly to the user guide. But... the audio doesn't start to run. The play button darkens, but nothing happens. The time slider doesn't move.

I'm using a MacBook Pro with El Capitan connected to a Komplete Audio 6 interface (Native Instruments).
Any idea?
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Problems with Audio File Playback

Post by Magic »

It seems like there may be some kind of issue with your external audio interface. Have you tried using your MacBook's internal speakers?
vbpart4

Post by vbpart4 »

Hey!
I have the same problem. When I press the play button nothing happens. I am using a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 with a mac pro running OSX Lion. Please help me out.
vbpart4

Post by vbpart4 »

UPDATE:
I tried this with the in built speakers, it worked but I can't work with the in built speakers on my mac pro they are barely audible. Please fix this.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Hmm, well if the built-in speakers work, it's probably some kind of configuration issue with the Scarlett. It can be difficult to pinpoint the source of these kinds of issues unfortunately. We've tested Magic with a wide variety of external audio interfaces (Motu, M-Audio, Behringer, etc., etc.) on many different kinds of Macs running every OS X version, and we haven't really encountered any problems. Similarly, our OS X customers have used many other kinds of devices we haven't personally tested, and they have reported general success. Obviously though, we can't test every single device.

Here are a few things to try:
- Update your audio drivers (if separate drivers are necessary)
- Close any other applications that are using audio output
- Run the Audio MIDI Setup program, select your output device, and set the sample rate to 44100 or 48000 (but not higher than that)
- Install a virtual audio device as an intermediate output which you can then route to any other device. For OS X Lion, a good one to start with would be Soundflower (https://code.google.com/p/soundflower/downloads/list)

Let me know if any of those things help. If not, as a last resort I can always try to contact the manufacturer and have them send me a test unit; I'm happy to do it, but every time I've done it in the past, everything seems to work for me as it should.

As far as the volume of your built-in speakers is concerned, I'm not sure what's going on there, but if the audio file you are using is quiet to begin with, it could be harder to hear. Can you connect a pair of larger speakers or headphones to your computer (via the audio output jack)?