Previous topicNext topic

Video Module missing

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
Rick

Video Module missing

Post by Rick »

Not sure what happened here but the video module no longer shows up in the media list and the previous projects that used it no longer find it. It is still listed in the package contents as a dylib.

edit: This was after the upgrade, have since restored 1.63 and now have this module back.
I am hoping it is not 10.6.8 related, as I would like to use that os on this computer.
Fractal Grinder

Re: Video Module missing

Post by Fractal Grinder »

Yeah if you see my last post I was having some massive issues with magic yesterday, I managed to fix them all too tho.

That being said, this very same issue happened to me yesterday.

I was able to fix it by, completely uninstalling Magic, AND, this is important, going into my Program Files and deleting my Magic folder. I realize you are on Mac but if you could do something similar, IE try an app that completely deletes all of the app and its folders, I use an app called "AppCleaner" on my Macbook.

Hope this helps
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

I am hoping it is not 10.6.8 related, as I would like to use that os on this computer.
Thanks for noticing this. We've had one other report of the Video module not working in version 1.64 on OS X 10.6, and we've verified that it is our bug. OS X 10.7 is affected too. We will post a fix in the next few days.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Until we create the next full build, here is a quick fix for the problem. Again, this is only necessary for v1.64 on OS X 10.6 and 10.7.

1. Download and unzip this file: http://downloads.magicmusicvisuals.com/VideoDylibs.zip
2. Navigate to the Magic app (usually in your Applications folder), right-click on it, and select Show Package Contents.
3. Navigate to Contents/MacOS/Modules/Media.
4. Copy the contents of the above zip file into Media. (Replace the existing .dylib files -- 7 of them).

That should be it! Sorry for any inconvenience.