Previous topicNext topic

Bug in 1.63B - MIDI is not routable

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
bareimage

Bug in 1.63B - MIDI is not routable

Post by bareimage »

Hello Eric:

Just wanted to let you know that MIDI does not work in latest Beta. I do not see any of my Ableton Chanels (MAX, PD, Ableton, etc) I think you can still connect devices...
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Bug in 1.63B - MIDI is not routable

Post by Magic »

It works fine for me :). I just tested on both Windows and OS X using hardware and virtual MIDI controllers on each. Are you sure there isn't something else going on?
bareimage

Post by bareimage »

Never mind, restarted the station and it started to work. One thing I would love to do, concerning midi messages. I would love to use MIDI file as input. Basically we need to a way to slowdown control stream the same way we can do with Audio. It is really important for large rendering.

I have been using Iannix quite successfully to run the installations I make with Magic.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

I would love to use MIDI file as input. Basically we need to a way to slowdown control stream the same way we can do with Audio. It is really important for large rendering.
Thanks, yeah I've been planning to add that feature. I'm also hoping to add a feature that will let you record and save live MIDI input, so you could play it back and/or use it for exporting a movie.
bareimage

Post by bareimage »

Supper cool! My dream modules are MIDI, MESH PROCESSING and JAVASCRIPT

<< Greedy
TanookiMonk

Post by TanookiMonk »

Eric wrote:
I would love to use MIDI file as input. Basically we need to a way to slowdown control stream the same way we can do with Audio. It is really important for large rendering.
Thanks, yeah I've been planning to add that feature. I'm also hoping to add a feature that will let you record and save live MIDI input, so you could play it back and/or use it for exporting a movie.
Wooooo !! This is awesome !!
Terry Payman

Post by Terry Payman »

TanookiMonk wrote:
Eric wrote:
Wooooo !! This is awesome !!
Awesome indeed! This is the exact functionality I need for my next Magic system developments, and will save me having to use external software. Ideally there would be some means of editing the "performance", eg trimming the timing, note or velocity.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Ideally there would be some means of editing the "performance", eg trimming the timing, note or velocity.
Yeah, I agree. I think the fastest way for me to provide functionality like that would be to automatically save MIDI recordings as native MIDI files, so you could edit them in a separate MIDI editing program. Then you could just select the "Reload" menu option in Magic (similar to where the Reload option is now for audio files), and the changes would be updated.
Terry Payman

Post by Terry Payman »

Eric wrote:
Ideally there would be some means of editing the "performance", eg trimming the timing, note or velocity.
Yeah, I agree. I think the fastest way for me to provide functionality like that would be to automatically save MIDI recordings as native MIDI files, so you could edit them in a separate MIDI editing program. Then you could just select the "Reload" menu option in Magic (similar to where the Reload option is now for audio files), and the changes would be updated.
:D Perfect :D