Previous topicNext topic

Re-imagined video for my tack, Chrono-ecliptic...

Live performances or exported movies created with Magic.
hazardman

Re-imagined video for my tack, Chrono-ecliptic...

Post by hazardman »

well, i finally got around to rework the visuals for use in live events...

in general, i have re-purposed a lot of my assets i did in the first version with adobe after effects (such as the circular vu meter, the waveform for the robot voice etc) long before i new magic existed ;)...

for the 4x4 drum grid background (which was a steinberg PD controller filmed with my camera and processed in after effects) it was copied 5 more times and placed in 3D space to form a cube...that cube was then used as a reference scene a few times to add separate rotation and scale modules...i especially liked the z-scale effect on that cube introduce around 4:17 which used a sine osc and gave it that neat diamond streaking effect which was further enhanced with a radial blur module...

the lunar eclipse was a rendering i did with 3d max and then post-processed in after effects to better control the orange tint...
missing from the video is a circular ring of which a solid colour bar jumps from `square to square` at every note pressed on my synthersizer keyboard...as this is a live MIDI event reacting to my playing (it would be fantastic if we can use a MIDI file as controller source in magic--hint-hint), I was not able to incorporate this into the rendering of this video...the circle itself is rotating while the bar jumps in the opposite direction to the next empty slot...i used a step value on the rotation module of 0.0625 (1/16 --1 being 360 degrees) to ensure that the red block would jump to the next slot...here`s a still image of that ring which does not give justice to the overlaid effect...
circle_cage.jpg
circle_cage.jpg (21.41 KiB) Viewed 4402 times

also, if you want to view the original video to see what I had re-purposed, here`s the link...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNNIKHZy1oQ

hope you enjoy either videos ( i make a special appearance in the original ;) )

cheers!
TanookiMonk

Re: Re-imagined video for my tack, Chrono-ecliptic...

Post by TanookiMonk »

Hey thank you for this thread ! You got talent and you take a good alternative way of doing that and i like it ! I I find that this video i kind of slow to evolve but still some good quality ! Hope that i will find some new videos from you in the future !
hazardman

Re: Re-imagined video for my tack, Chrono-ecliptic...

Post by hazardman »

thanks for the kind words TanookiMonk...

the evolution is purposefully done that way--kinda like the song--and keep in mind that this visual is meant to be as a background image when i play this track live as i don`t want the video to distract away too much from my stage performance ;)...i also hope that some of the viewer`s patience is rewarded by some of the footage presented in this piece...if not, by all means i`m open to further feedback :idea: ...thanks for taking the time to view...