Previous topicNext topic

Sound Siphon

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
clickglue

Sound Siphon

Post by clickglue »

Hi,

I'm really having fun trying out Magic, I think it is a great program. I would like to use Deezer audio playing through Sound Siphon (since sound flower doesn't work on OSX 10.11) to influence the graphics of Magic. But it says: Couldn't open sound input device: "Sound Siphon In". Do you have any suggestions?

thank you and kind regards, Guido
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Sound Siphon

Post by Magic »

Hey Guido, to be honest I haven't used Sound Siphon before, so I'm not sure why it wouldn't work. I'll try to test it when I can. But you might want to make sure its sample rate is set to 44100 or 48000, since those are usually the least problematic.

The only alternative I could suggest is JACK (http://www.jackaudio.org/), which works well but it's a bit more complicated than SoundFlower.
clickglue

Post by clickglue »

Eric,

Thank you for your super fast reply.
I tried Jackaudio but it doesn't install on OSX 10.11.
Also I tired different sample rates, to no avail.
Still impressed with Magic.

Kind regards, Guido
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Hmm, ok. Well I did install Sound Siphon this afternoon, and I actually had problems using it with other apps besides Magic. Have you tried contacting the developer?
clickglue

Post by clickglue »

I will try. See if he is as responsive as you are.

Kind regards Guido
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

The Sound Siphon developer contacted me, and as I looked into the problem more deeply, I realized I might be able to fix it. Unfortunately Magic 1.63b has already been released so I can't make any more changes, but I will look into it for 1.64 :).
clickglue

Post by clickglue »

Eric, I've seen the reply of Dominic from Sound Siphon. I'm really impressed with the speed and professionalism you both handled this issue and I'm glad it will be solved in a future release. Thank you very much!

Kind regards, Guido