Previous topicNext topic

Milkdrop presets in magic

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
bluffphonica

Milkdrop presets in magic

Post by bluffphonica »

I am not a pro ;)
But is it possible to use the milkdrop presets in magic? Maybe with the GLSL shader or to convert them into :?:
Syd

Re: Milkdrop presets in magic

Post by Syd »

there is a build of milkdrop with spout support on the spout forums.

you could spout milkdrop into magic.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

bluffphonica

Post by bluffphonica »

Thank you i will try it... :D
bluffphonica

Post by bluffphonica »

ok i tried different versions of spout, milkdrop in DX 9 and 11, i get it only in DX9 into magic.
But magic always crashes in that second i select "sender"...
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Ok, I'm not sure, but I will have to test that. Hard to know whether it's an issue with Magic or with Milkdrop or with Spout itself. It's tricky, especially depending upon the graphics hardware and configuration. But, Magic definitely shouldn't be crashing if it's possible to avoid it.

Out of curiosity, have you tried also asking about it in the Spout forums? I'll go look there now to see if anyone else is having a similar problem.
Fractal Grinder

Post by Fractal Grinder »

bluffphonica wrote:ok i tried different versions of spout, milkdrop in DX 9 and 11, i get it only in DX9 into magic.
But magic always crashes in that second i select "sender"...
Yo I have not had this particular issue but, when I was creating my own presets for Milkdrop, I noticed you couldn't save presets or edit names with the program in the actual: Program Files or Program Files(x86), so I moved the whole folder to my desktop and all those saving issues went away, because it bypasses having to have Administrator privileges.

I still have my Winamp on my Desktop and I use Spout, and works great with Milkdrop and Magic.

Again I never had this problem, but I hope it helps you out anyway.
bluffphonica

Post by bluffphonica »

Hi SplatterBrainz!

Thank you for your motivation to help. The copy elsewhere doesn´t help. In my case it is no problem with the rights in windows - i think.

These are my first tries with spout and receiver in magic. Perhaps i make another mistake. If you have enough time, is it possible to write me a step by step instruction? Magic alway crashs, but i have it already that winamp crashs too.
Does it matter which program i start first (winamp/Magic)?

By the way, now i have Win10 and directX 12.
Fractal Grinder

Post by Fractal Grinder »

bluffphonica wrote:Hi SplatterBrainz!

Thank you for your motivation to help. The copy elsewhere doesn´t help. In my case it is no problem with the rights in windows - i think.

These are my first tries with spout and receiver in magic. Perhaps i make another mistake. If you have enough time, is it possible to write me a step by step instruction? Magic alway crashs, but i have it already that winamp crashs too.
Does it matter which program i start first (winamp/Magic)?

By the way, now i have Win10 and directX 12.
I would just reinstall a fresh copy of the newest winamp.

Then go here:https://github.com/leadedge/Spout2/tree/master/MILKDROP

Download the DDL.

Copy vis_milk2.dll into the Winamp-Plugin Folder

Then open Winamp go to Options -> Visualizations -> Configure Plugin

MORE SETTINGS tab
[ ] Enable Spout output (default ON)
[ ] Enable Spout DirectX 11 mode (Default OFF - DirectX 9)

Just tick Enable Spout output for now. \

Play a song, get Milkdrop going within Winamp.

Open Magic, for troubleshooting purposes I would just start with a blank New Magic project.

Right Click, Add, Special, Spout Receiver.

That should do it. If it crashes then I have no clue because thats exactly what I did.
leadedge

Post by leadedge »

bluffphonica - are you using Intel HD graphics by any chance?

Recently we have confirmed that Spout DirectX 11 functions do not work with Intel HD4400, but DirectX 9 does.

For testing with Spout , always start with the Demo sender and receiver. If they work, move on from there.
deskmate

Post by deskmate »

hello,
Does anyone know how to get the presets to play in a specific order once they're in a scene? does milkdrop have some sort of playlist feature?
deskmate

Post by deskmate »

I hope someone can help with this. When I first saw this thread, I set everything up and it all worked fine, no issues with spout, magic, or winamp but something's changed.

Now, when I start milkdrop with "linein://" , something is triggering it although there is no apparent sound source. I uninstalled and reinstalled programs, drivers, looked everywhere but I can't find a solution.

when I play sounds from you-tube, I can see the small spectrum in winamp's main window working, going on and off when I start and stop you-tube video, but the visualizer doesn't react to the sound, although it is reacting to something, from somewhere.

if I'm playing a file through winamp, it works as it should, but not with linein. help, not much hair left.