Previous topicNext topic

Preview on Image module

Suggestions for new features for Magic.
neoz

Preview on Image module

Post by neoz »

Hey, Eric!
At first, thanx fo such a great software, i'll buy it soon! :)
Is it possible to make a small preview on image module? I've got too much situations when i need to check the module content before connecting it...
Very appreciated!
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Preview on Image module

Post by Magic »

Thanks! :)

Can you give me an example of when you would use your suggested feature? It seems to me that you would be able to get an image preview in the file selection box even before loading the image into the module, but maybe I'm not understanding what you mean exactly.
neoz

Post by neoz »

For example: Arkaos GrandVj..
There is 2-way system - you can choice from explorer or directly with icons - super usability!
In my case i need to choice module with picture visualy, without explorer and connect it further...
Attachments
Screenshot 2015-02-18 13.48.36.jpg
Screenshot 2015-02-18 13.48.36.jpg (116.46 KiB) Viewed 7593 times
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Ok, honestly I'm not sure how I could fit that into the current Magic design, but I will certainly keep it in mind for future versions.
neoz

Post by neoz »

I see it like this! ;)
Attachments
Untitlased-1.jpg
Untitlased-1.jpg (69.69 KiB) Viewed 7579 times
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Ok, that's interesting, thanks. Maybe I can figure out a way to put the image preview in a tooltip or something.
They Said They Saw

Post by They Said They Saw »

I would like to add to this idea, but instead of a preview for the image module only, this could be a preview module in itself, to be inserted at any stage of the structure, allowing to see what is connected on the left side of the module while bypassing the output signal on to the magic scene output.

This module would fit perfectly with the Main Output attached to the playlist scene instead of the scene tab selected.
(Done it once but I haven't manage to do it again. Help, anyone?)

Some of the benefits would be
  • >allowing to edit scenes or small parts of the whole show, while going on live without disturbing the show;

>troubleshooting different parts, since is by far quicker to insert a preview module in the middle of a complex scene structure than having to rewire the different links to find out what is causing what;

>the capability of using elements that we don't may not want for render, but for reference only, such as waveforms to monitor the audio signal that is affecting the video.
Hope this makes sense.

Thanks,
Miguel
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Sure, that makes sense. Sometime in the future I'm hoping to support multiple output windows (however many you want), which you could hook up to different parts of any scene, perhaps through a preview module as you suggested.
allowing to edit scenes or small parts of the whole show, while going on live without disturbing the show
Currently you can edit a scene without changing the output by Ctrl-clicking (Windows) or Cmd-clicking (OS X) on a tab. Or, conversely, navigating through the scenes using the Playlist will change the output, but won't change the tab.