Previous topicNext topic

My new Spectrum analyzer :-)

Live performances or exported movies created with Magic.
bluffphonica

My new Spectrum analyzer :-)

Post by bluffphonica »

Here is the result. My goal was to built something looking like a real one...

the only problem i have, is the quality. after exporting from magic, the video-quality is not so good like the original in magic, after uploading to you tube it is more bad, i don´t know why.... i use 1920x1080 with 100-5000 mbyte/s (several tries), 60 frames per second...
Magic
Site Admin

Re: My new Spectrum analyzer :-)

Post by Magic »

Very nice :)
the only problem i have, is the quality. after exporting from magic, the video-quality is not so good like the original in magic, after uploading to you tube it is more bad, i don´t know why.... i use 1920x1080 with 100-5000 mbyte/s (several tries), 60 frames per second...
Unfortunately the problem is simply that YouTube's quality isn't very good, especially for these kinds of videos, because they have a lot more detail than normal videos, and they change very quickly from frame to frame. I've tried uploading perfect uncompressed videos with very large file sizes, and YouTube still ruins them. YouTube uses codecs that were designed for camera footage, not abstract animation.

It does help though if you export from Magic with a very high quality. Try setting the Mbits/sec to 50 or 100. The file will be bigger but it will look nicer.
bluffphonica

Post by bluffphonica »

Thank you for the fast answer. :D
I was also thiniking, that youtube making the trouble, a coding problem. Yesterday i tried the same video uploading to vimeo, there was a big quality different.
It is much better, but i am limited there uploading videos. :roll:
Caliventura

Post by Caliventura »

I'm really interested in this Spectrum analyzer... any chance of have the magic inside?
reaperjunkie

Post by reaperjunkie »

Very cool. great sounding music too!