Previous topicNext topic

Trails's module lag

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
neoz

Trails's module lag

Post by neoz »

Long time ago i was thinking that my comp is wrong or smth with me... but during a few versions of MM i found the same story with Trail's module...
Its amazing one, but it gives a regular jitter which brakes the picture totally, especially on big screen =(
It doesn't depend on fps or complexity...
I made a simple animation of logo and add some trails to feel this more thru this video:
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Trails's module lag

Post by Magic »

Hmm, I think I understand what you're saying. But, I do think the fps has something to do with it. In your video, the fps is below 60. Whenever this happens, you will get some jitter in your Trails, because the Trails module depends on the fps. To get perfectly smooth movement, you would need to get 60 fps consistently.

It seems like your scene has a lot of modules in it. Can you try with a simpler scene that has less modules to see if you can get 60 fps consistently?
neoz

Re: Trails's module lag

Post by neoz »

Hi Eric!
Just installed a fresh Win and it works fine! Before it's not even on new system... Really Magic))
I think its not fps problem , new system has the same fps, and only few modules are connected, not all...
Anyway will keep updated if jitter will back, can't live without Trails))
Thanx!