Previous topicNext topic

music video

Live performances or exported movies created with Magic.
Kvasnik

music video

Post by Kvasnik »

I've been getting more and more into magic. I made this song for the equinox and ended up making this video with it too.
Looking forward to taking the visuals further!
Magic
Site Admin

Re: music video

Post by Magic »

Very nice!
damstraversaz

Post by damstraversaz »

that's really nice, congratulations !
could it be possible to share a screenshot of your project ? there is some really nice things , and I can't figure how it works actually
Damien
Kvasnik

Post by Kvasnik »

Eric wrote:Very nice!
thanks!
Kvasnik

Post by Kvasnik »

damstraversaz wrote:that's really nice, congratulations !
could it be possible to share a screenshot of your project ? there is some really nice things , and I can't figure how it works actually
Damien
Hi thanks for the comments. Hopefully the screenshots should be attached somehow at the end of this message.

What I did: I ran the audio file through the program and used it to trigger scenes, all which were variations of the same theme - the spinning circle. I made the circle by feeding the audio into a waveform module (or some similar visualisation) which allows a ring effect. Then I used this ring as a mask, with a coloured image underneath. Then I rotated the circle using a vector translate. Many modules have modulating parameters which I linked to sine waves and parts of the audio file (I actually rendered three audio tracks for the song, one with only kick drums and the other with only snare drums).
screenshot_1
screenshot_1
1.jpg (145.08 KiB) Viewed 5897 times
screenshot_2
screenshot_2
2.jpg (87.87 KiB) Viewed 5897 times
All in all it was lots of trial and error, as is visible from the screenshots the project became quite messy, but am improving :-)
damstraversaz

Post by damstraversaz »

thanks ! it helps me a lot, there is some really beautiful things in this project, congratulations !
Kvasnik

Post by Kvasnik »

Thanks. I think the with use of masks you can have very powerful effects, at least that's where my interest is.