Previous topicNext topic

Issues connecting webcam to Magic

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
jayllowe

Issues connecting webcam to Magic

Post by jayllowe »

So I have been using this software for a few months now and just recently I upgraded my computer and webcam setup. Since I have upgraded, I am getting very inconsistent connections between my webcam (the OBSBOT Tiny 2) and Magic.

I have tried different module types like VideoCapture and the VideoCaptureDS. I have also tried restarting the computer, even shutting it down fully than restarting, and also disconnecting the webcam and reconnecting it. Nothing seems to work and even if it does, its not something I can recreate with consistent success.

I know the webcam is not faulty because it easily works when I open the OBSBOT software and test it. Also, I have tried different combinations of opening Magic before the OBSBOT software and vice versa to see if that helps and it will work sometimes but not work others.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this camera to work consistently within Magic? Is there some setting I don't know about? Or some sort of compatibility issue I am unaware of?

PS I have disabled the auto sleep mode of the webcam in the OBSBOT software and the device never aims downward (showing that it is in sleep mode) when I open Magic. Also the webcam auto connects when opening other software like OBS studio and other similar software.