Previous topicNext topic

(Again) Please HELP : VIrtual Green Screen\Background Removal

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
Magneto66

(Again) Please HELP : VIrtual Green Screen\Background Removal

Post by Magneto66 »

Hi, i know that this kind of topic has probably already discussed BUT i wonder if someone knows about some third party plugin/fx for Magic that allows You to remove the background (or apply a Green Screen effect) to a Video Capture device input in MMV. I use to send the output of the Webcam filming my band playing and i would like to replace the backround of the room with Pictures and FXS (GLSLShader, etc) using the Fast Chroma Key... I actually HAVE a "real", very big Green Screen BUT assembling the green sheet every time with the entire tubular structure that supports it is really annoying and tiring. :o :roll: ... I tried to get the output of "XSplit Vcam" or other applications that already have a "virtual green screen/background removal" effect but the result is very poor and disappointing ... Does anyone know about a green screen effect plugin available for MMV ? As usual, Thank You in advance - Best Regards :)
Sadler

Re: (Again) Please HELP : VIrtual Green Screen\Background Removal

Post by Sadler »

Nothing, even your big green screen, will be good enough. Keying is hard. If you have Kinect, you can use the person id to generate a mask. Nvidia broadcast works well but only for one webcam. There are plenty of background removal systems, e.g. modnet but not real-time and trickier set up. You don't have to green, you can also white or black screen depending on lighting and clothes. Google "background removal", there are a few apps but probably all for gamers/webcams.
Terry Payman

Post by Terry Payman »

Movement detection is another option that might be useful.

Example, (with all processing done in Magic, details on request): https://vimeo.com/682353961
Magneto66

Post by Magneto66 »

Sadler wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:18 am Nothing, even your big green screen, will be good enough. Keying is hard. If you have Kinect, you can use the person id to generate a mask. Nvidia broadcast works well but only for one webcam. There are plenty of background removal systems, e.g. modnet but not real-time and trickier set up. You don't have to green, you can also white or black screen depending on lighting and clothes. Google "background removal", there are a few apps but probably all for gamers/webcams.
Thank You for Your answer ... :-) Unfortunately, i had come to the same conclusion : the best way to achieve a green screen effect is ... to have a real green screen! I can only try to get a system that is a little more convenient and quicker to assemble than the one I currently have. Once more, Thank You ... at least i tried ... ;)
Slavi

Post by Slavi »

I've been trying to do the same for really long time. My current solution is to use a free version of TouchDesigner, which has a module for background removal (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rajV8p9 ... mmersiveHQ) if you have RTX video card. Then you can spout your signal out of TouchDesigner into Magic :) .
riptide76

Post by riptide76 »

Terry Payman wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:46 pm Movement detection is another option that might be useful.
I never thought about using this! I will have to try this out next time I've doing live visuals to my flow artist! <3 <3