Previous topicNext topic

MacBook Pro 2020 Ventura 13.5 crashes

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
Ralph Crk

MacBook Pro 2020 Ventura 13.5 crashes

Post by Ralph Crk »

Goodmorning, i have an issue with Magic Performer (MP) , that I didn't have before. I work on several Macbooks and I'm using MP for streaming visuals made of movies combined with fractals.
Since last month there was an update on macOS Ventura 13.5 and I also update Magic to the latest version and since then Magic crashes with the same projects that didn't crash before. I not certain if it's due to macOS Ventura 13.5 or MP so I did re-install macOS Ventura 13.5 again but with the same result. I'm quite certain it has to do something with memory issues but because it didn't happen before on this same MacBook Pro I would like to be able to run it again as before. When I run the same project on my old MacBook Pro mid 2012 with 4MB intern memory it stays performing (but the projection is choppy) that's why I installed it on this Macbook.

MacBook Pro 13inh 2020
2,3 Ghz Quad core intel i7
Intel Iris Plus Graphics 1536 MB
16GB 3733 Mhz LPDDR4X Memory

Notes:
resampled 18 of 1958 threads with truncated backtraces from 0 pids:
This is a watchdog-triggered termination event, and not expected to be well-represented in the legacy crash format

Crashed Thread: Unknown

Exception Type:

Termination Reason: Namespace WATCHDOG, Code 1 monitoring timed out for service
(1 monitored services unresponsive): checkin with service: WindowServer returned not alive with context:
is_alive_func returned unhealthy : Display 69734208 not ready: DisplayID: 0x4280f40
Surface Use Counts: 1(3) 3(1) 12(1)
FB RegID: 4294968465, On Glass SurfaceIDs: 12 3 1, Transactions: [ Active: SurfaceID: 12 ] [ Waiting: SurfaceID: 3 ] [ Waiting: SurfaceID: 1 ], Surface Use Counts: 2(0) 16(1) , Notified IsActive SurfaceIDs: 3, has not exited since first loaded

Error Formulating Crash Report:
resampled 18 of 1958 threads with truncated backtraces from 0 pids:
This is a watchdog-triggered termination event, and not expected to be well-represented in the legacy crash format
Magic
Site Admin

Re: MacBook Pro 2020 Ventura 13.5 crashes

Post by Magic »

Have you tried resetting the Magic settings? Help > Reset All Settings
Ralph Crk

Post by Ralph Crk »

I have done that to, and even uninstalled and installed it again. The problem come from the window interface that doesn’t release the memory I think, so when I start up fresh it works but after a certain time it crashes again. The only solution is flushing my ram memory and restarting the macbook.
Strange enough before the updates I didn’t have this problem, only when I had to many scenes loaded in one project it could crash MP but not my Macbook as it does now…
Ralph Crk

Post by Ralph Crk »

Update: I have installed OS Sonoma 14.0 and my problems are solved. I now manege to use Magic as before without crashes or other problems. As a test I did stream a file of 5GB to a projector without any problem.