Previous topicNext topic

MMV Hangs on Close, Crashes

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
dijikul

MMV Hangs on Close, Crashes

Post by dijikul »

I'm trying to determine what's causing Magic to crash when being closed.

Was having trouble with the Magic window rendering anything, and Preview was listed as being "stopped" and couldn't be restarted.

Searching the forums I found a note to delete the configuration file in my user folder's AppData\Magic account (Windows 10) and that's brought the preview back to life, however even without a Project open after clearing the configuration file and it resetting the UI, when closing Magic it hangs and does not close, requiring being force-closed as a hung task.

Apologies if this is in the forum already but searching for "crash close" or "hang close" resulted in nothing, however I appreciate keeping duplicate posts to a minimum.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.
Sadler

Re: MMV Hangs on Close, Crashes

Post by Sadler »

I would check for midi, audio, webcam devices or video driver - try disabling if possible. Assumption your using the latest build (2.33). Check task manager for other processes. Last resort, reinstall Magic.
dijikul

Re: MMV Hangs on Close, Crashes

Post by dijikul »

Uninstalling and re-installing the program resolved the issue for me. No driver changes were required; something got wonky but all good - things are back on track now.