Previous topicNext topic

recreate Windows Media Player Visual - Ocean Mist

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
jefferyjjensen

recreate Windows Media Player Visual - Ocean Mist

Post by jefferyjjensen »

Hello,

Using MMV, I'm trying to recreate the old Windows Media Player Visualization -> Bars and Waves -> Ocean Mist. I attached a screenshot.

https://magicmusicvisuals.com/downloads ... tryModules - Spectrum has a bars option but only has 10 bars. I'm guessing the Ocean Mist visualization uses about 200 bars.

thanks for the help,

Jeff
Attachments
windows-media-player-visualization.jpg
windows-media-player-visualization.jpg (93.46 KiB) Viewed 10241 times
Sadler

Re: recreate Windows Media Player Visual - Ocean Mist

Post by Sadler »

Load StereoSpectrum_30Band example project from the help menu.
jefferyjjensen

Post by jefferyjjensen »

Hello Sadler,

thank you for the quick reply. Ok, I created the visual, see video on https://jensenmuse.com/burn/. The MMV isn't the same as Windows Media Player Visual - Ocean Mist but it will work for my purpose.

I have the following errors that I need to work on:

1. background images are out of synch with the audio file. Currently using jpegfolder option and switch every 90 seconds.
2. need to add text giving the song and artist, also timed with the audio file.
3. need to add a logo watermark in the corner

thanks again,

Jeff
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

Hey Jeff,

With a few adjustments you could make the sample spectrum very close to 'ocean mist' and it would a a great way for you to learn about the iterator.

If you want to just use the JPEGFolder module to change images on track change you'll need to get a list of the times and write some expression code.

See this thread for an example video and the code used to create it: viewtopic.php?t=2950

Song title text and logo are trivial: Text and Image modules translated and scaled. To change the title on track change would require the same code as the JPEGFolder.

Magic is pretty accurate in expressions and the playlist both absolutely and relatively so you can definitely achieve what you're after.

I would still recommend the Playlist for you though.