Previous topicNext topic

Avoid Old Age

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
deskmate

Avoid Old Age

Post by deskmate »

Hi,
First of all I want to thank Eric and all that contributed to making this program, I just bought a new laptop and while I was transferring all my files and folders over I'm thinking of the thousands maybe millions of pages of code as well as sleepless nights it took to make Magic happen.

Next I want to warn everyone reading this, don't get any older, once you approach 80 you lose most of your technical skills and memory.

and finally, I wanted to post a question but I forgot what it was.

Oh Yeah, does anyone still use milkdrop?
Magic, winamp, spout and milkdrop all still work on my PC, but running the same ver. of Winamp on my laptop windows 11, magic crashes.

I tried installing older version of direct x without luck, hopefully someone has an answer?
deskmate

Re: Avoid Old Age

Post by deskmate »

Forgot to ad, Magic crashed in the beginning, but after I copied vis_milk2.dll from my PC to the laptop, Winamp(same ver) reports the dll performed an illegal operation, should I have it arrested?
deskmate

Post by deskmate »

Update,
I read a post at Spout forum not to use Winamp milkdrop but use Nestdrop instead.

Nestdrop site said it would work with any program that's listed on Spout's site. I thought I saw magic on there.

Downloaded and followed the instructions and it projects to Spout but when I try to pull it in from Magic, magic crashes sometimes, but most of the time it's just a black screen. no matter what settings.
When I use the spout output from magic, the spout window works that way.
Has anyone else encountered these issues?
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Did you select the option to use Spout v2 in Magic?
deskmate

Post by deskmate »

Hi,
yes that's the very first thing I checked, and ultimately unchecked and checked and installed and uninstalled various versions of Spout and Win amp, for countless hours over the weekend.

I don't understand why the .dll that I took from my working PC didn't work on my laptop ,with the same version of Win amp.

I did manage to resolve it this morning.
I found a downloaded folder on an old computer labeled: SPOUT_2006_UPDATE4

It came with a subfolder containing the .ddl file. I used it on my new laptop and.....it worked like "Magic"
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Ok. In general though, you shouldn't mess with copying/moving individual dll's. Just install/uninstall programs using the official installer(s).
deskmate

Post by deskmate »

I usually don't but a in lot of these various builds, the instructions say to place the vis_milk2.dll file into the Winamp folder after installation, that's what I did for this one.....