Previous topicNext topic

First attempt to visualise some music

Live performances or exported movies created with Magic.
cremoer

First attempt to visualise some music

Post by cremoer »

I am quite satisfied with the result, given the fact, that I only played around with the app for a few hours...
The music is also made by myself.

TKS

Re: First attempt to visualise some music

Post by TKS »

I think that's a good start, especially the sequences with the synthesizer in the background look pretty cool.
Simple, but supports your song very well.
Welcome to the forum!
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

Agree. It is good you have some changes to match the music and the music itself is interesting - suitable for visuals I mean. In the end section you rotate the synth panel but it looks like your rotate if after your effects so the synth gets cropped - I would recommend doing most or all translations before any FX.
cremoer

Post by cremoer »

First of all, thanks a lot for your kind feedback. Very much appreciated!

Now, I am not quite sure, if I got this one right:
Sadler wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:58 am In the end section you rotate the synth panel but it looks like your rotate if after your effects so the synth gets cropped
It's a trapezoid distortion at the end, that destroys the synth. The chain looks actually like this:
Image -> Diagonal Blur -> RotateAxis -> Translate -> Trails -> Trapezoid Distortion

The sound of the synth is destroyed by a bit crusher, and the image by the trapezoid distortion, that was the idea... that everything fades somehow away at the end.