Previous topicNext topic

Midi Piano - different inputs

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
Daniel

Midi Piano - different inputs

Post by Daniel »

Hello,

Is it possible to define two different midi inputs for the midi piano? Currently I just use the predefined „MIDI“ input, but I would need a second one - that means I would create another „active Key“ from the midi piano but with a different midi input - but I do not know how to do it.
i am grateful for any help.

Thanks and kind regards
Daniel
Sadler

Re: Midi Piano - different inputs

Post by Sadler »

I am not a midi expert but (since no-one else is answering) isn't it as simple as adding a source and setting the channel?
midi.png
midi.png (23.04 KiB) Viewed 5928 times
I know that some controllers use multiple channels which makes it less straightforward.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. My problem was that I have no idea where do define the “active key“ module the input source. In the sample project the input is already given and so I no that I have to use it. But I do not can choose on the module whats the input. The input source window is clear, thats not the problem.
I know have solved it in that way that I have imported two times in a row the midi piano sample project. Then the second active key module gets a new input in the input sources window, so a have two separate midi inputs.
But anyway, thanks for your reply.

Kind regards
Daniel
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

Assuming you're referring to the MIDIPiano example project - that uses an iterator together with Iterator notes from a single MIDI source.
The Source is where you configure the MIDI source.
The Source is where you configure the MIDI source.
Screenshot 2023-01-12 213129.png (17.78 KiB) Viewed 5915 times
If you want to have two physical keyboards control one virtual keyboard then add a second node for each node that uses iterator notes. Configure these duplicates to use your second midi source. If you hit the same key on both keyboards simultaneously you'll get double the effect.

If you want to have each physical keyboard control different parts of the virtual keyboard then you'd have to split the virtual keyboard with two separate iterators. I'm not sure how you could limit the iterator notes though.