Previous topicNext topic

Possible 2.31 Bug/Unexplained Behavior

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
dcurry431

Possible 2.31 Bug/Unexplained Behavior

Post by dcurry431 »

Hey all, I'm having a weird issue with Magic.

Yesterday I made a simple motion graphic out of a client's logo and exported a version with no issues. It was my first time using Magic in a while, so there was an update available but I was in a rush so I didn't update.

Today, I sat down to make version two after hearing back from the client, with less time pressure so I updated from 2.22 (I think) to 2.31. I did my tweaks with no issues, but when I went to export, "Select an output file name" and "..." don't open the window to pick an output file. The GUI element for
"..." darkens on my click, but it also doesn't open the necessary prompt. Every other field in the export popup reacts as expected. I've restarted Magic, restarted Windows. reinstalled Magic, and the issue persists.

This is a real head-scratcher for me as updating Magic is the change in my setup I can point to. No noticed issues with anything else on my machine or any other features of Magic.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Magic Performer v2.31, GTX1070, not sure what other information would be helpful.
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Possible 2.31 Bug/Unexplained Behavior

Post by Magic »

This can happen when the last drive or folder you used is no longer available -- for example, on a removable drive or a network computer that isn't on. Magic is looking for that path but can't find it.

The easy fix is to go to the Help menu and select Reset Default Paths. This will clear out the settings for all the last used paths.
dcurry431

Re: Possible 2.31 Bug/Unexplained Behavior

Post by dcurry431 »

You're the man Eric! I had exported to a USB drive that night and realize now I had my USB in a different port the next day. Problem solved, thanks so much.