Previous topicNext topic

New YouTube Channel Trailer

Live performances or exported movies created with Magic.
TKS

New YouTube Channel Trailer

Post by TKS »

I thought I'd add a channel trailer to my YouTube channel, and Magic was of course my first choice for the visuals.
As always, no video editing software involved, it's all Magic :-)

Best viewed over at YouTube in HD to see all those little details:
skarabee

Re: New YouTube Channel Trailer

Post by skarabee »

Awesome! I tried someting with buildings and thru windows visuals, but I didn't find a proper image or video to use (too realistic or too toyish). The one you use here is really good. Maybe some pseudo reflections to add here and there for better integration. (but don't know how to, sorry :) )
TKS

Post by TKS »

skarabee wrote:Awesome! I tried someting with buildings and thru windows visuals, but I didn't find a proper image or video to use (too realistic or too toyish).
I highly recommend DAZ 3D: https://www.daz3d.com/

The software itself is free, and you can buy 3D models of (almost) everything. When you have a 3D model (instead of a photo) you can easily decide which quality you want to render, from comic to hyper realistic everything is possible. And most of the 3D models are less expensive than comparable photos.

I first started with 'normal' photos, but:
- when they are cheap, they are either bad quality or someone else still has the copyright (same for films or animations)
- they are expensive and high quality, but after some time of fiddling around you learn that they don't work in your particular context, sometimes due simple facts that the lights come from the wrong direction, or depth of field is wrong

With 3D, YOU can decide how realistic the rendered picture is, control depth of field (and lights in general), and with just one 3D model you have endless choices for different perspectives.

And, if you have a fast computer, can even do nice animations of a scene.
skarabee

Post by skarabee »

I already have Daz 3D, but encountered some strange behaviour with textures export in Magic. For my latest videos, I tried to build some basic models with Blender. Had to follow some tutorials for the basics, and still at the beginning of the learning curve..
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Very cool video!

Love the details and quality of your video and the work you out into it. Very good to watch and listen.

And thanks for the mentioning of the 3D Programm!