Previous topicNext topic

Question about game capture in MMV?

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
Leabunn

Question about game capture in MMV?

Post by Leabunn »

Hello there!

I have been wracking my brain trying to figure this out.. I want to purchase MMV but I want to be sure it can do this before I do.. or that there's some way to make it happen.

I have the demo and can do Sprout2capture and MMV loads amazingly into OBS but I want to have my game capture as one of my webcams... is there any way to do that? The only captures that pop up in MMV are my webcam, my VRcam and that's it.

Please let me know!

Thank you!
Leabunn

Re: Question about game capture in MMV?

Post by Leabunn »

So I purchased mmv and I'm still a bit lost.. Is there a way for me to display a game capture in obs and send it through mmv? :(
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

Leabunn

Post by Leabunn »

Oh! I don't have an actual game capture card.. I was meaning my obs's game capture function. :) Will I need a separate capture card for it to work in MMV?
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

Ha! ok. Then experiment with OBS virtual camera.
Leabunn

Post by Leabunn »

Ahh!! Oh my gosh thank you so much Sadler. ;^; That worked! <3 I have another question though; Is there any way for me to duplicate that feed and put effects on it? Like if I wanted myself twice on the screen and wanted to put effects on both of those; can that be done in MMV?
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

Yes, should be no problem.
Leabunn

Post by Leabunn »

Thank you! One last question; is there any way to put overlays of things like... for instance glitching and/or cool wavy lines over top of the live stream that go with the music? How would I go about doing that? Thank you so much again Sadler!
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

Trivially..
Screenshot 2021-08-05 073931.png
Screenshot 2021-08-05 073931.png (15.31 KiB) Viewed 4806 times
But Magic can do so much more - experiment, and the manual is always a good read.
Leabunn

Post by Leabunn »

Reading the manual right now~! Thank you Sadler. I swear one last question!

So below, is my current set up. Where would I be putting it that it would effect the video capture and not mess up too much? Thank you.
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-08-05 134834.png
Screenshot 2021-08-05 134834.png (326.3 KiB) Viewed 4800 times
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

Well, that's subjective, one person's too much is another's not enough!

You can always attenuate overlays and fx with transparency, mix module, blend modes, masks etc. It also depends on what your objective is.

Magic can be a box of delights or a Pandora's box - the fun is deciding which to open.
Leabunn

Post by Leabunn »

Sadler wrote:Well, that's subjective, one person's too much is another's not enough!

You can always attenuate overlays and fx with transparency, mix module, blend modes, masks etc. It also depends on what your objective is.

Magic can be a box of delights or a Pandora's box - the fun is deciding which to open.
I can understand that completely! I wish there were more tutorials about certain things with magic and obs. I only know of the one video! For instance.. with modules... I have a green screen and have a character in front of it on obs. It works amazingly with effects behind it, I've tried numerous things to put effects over top from mmv to obs but it always ends up behind. And then duplicating myself.. I end up duplicating it but it never ends up displaying side by side.

I love MMV so much so far, it's just super new to me.
Leabunn

Post by Leabunn »

I am back! After playing around with MMV; I'm still lost. I've read the manual and it just isn't translating to what I want to do. So!

The one picture is my OBS frame... the other is my MMV. I'm trying to figure out why it looks overlapped in MMV but then in OBS; my character is above all of the background?

Also! When I move my capture device to the top; everything fades to black behind it even though there is an mp4 there that's supposed to show through. Maybe another pair of eyes can see my error and help me out.

Thank you! <3
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-08-22 135020.png
Screenshot 2021-08-22 135020.png (542.83 KiB) Viewed 4694 times
Screenshot 2021-08-22 134847.png
Screenshot 2021-08-22 134847.png (423.66 KiB) Viewed 4694 times
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

You're using two keys on you OBS webcam (chroma AND luma) - is this necessary? If you have well keyed video, you probably don't want to also blend. If you do want to blend, then the Blend node takes two inputs - you only have one.

If you're capturing game footage with OBS and composing it in Magic, that should be predictable. If your creating graphics to send to OBS for composing there, should also be predictable. If, however, your reading from OBS, composing in Magic, then writing back to OBS, you'll likely create a feedback loop.