Previous topicNext topic

Scene repeat with delay

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
olazzzzz

Scene repeat with delay

Post by olazzzzz »

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to have several repetitions of the same scene (in this case, a mandala with changing colors), but with a time delay?
I wanted the animations to show different colors, and this would be possible if they would have a time gap between them.
I guess the iterator module would be the one to use, but somehow I'm not managing to achieve the delay I want.
Thank you for your help!
Greetings
Sadler

Re: Scene repeat with delay

Post by Sadler »

Here is a design repeated using an iterator affecting colour, z-distance and scale. In this case the design element is a video which, when repeated would have the same resource requirements as n video files (where n is the number of iterations). If you were trying to do this with scenes it would probably choke your machine unless your scenes were very simple.
coloured-repeat.jpg
coloured-repeat.jpg (177.57 KiB) Viewed 2337 times
The microbuffer ISF has a lag (delay) parameter and has been mentioned on here recently which might have some mileage for this and would be less resource intensive than the iterator though with less control. The trails module can make the copies with different colours and little overhead - but, if I remember correctly, can be tricky to render out (no previous frames available when rendering).
coloured-repeat-trails.jpg
coloured-repeat-trails.jpg (222.06 KiB) Viewed 2337 times