Newbie with a Question please?

Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:14 pm

Hello I'm starting to dive into MMV; what a great piece of inspiring software.

My 1st newbie question.


Q1. I have added a video file of an animated model dancer - how do I get this video animation to only start and stop playing when my added wav file plays and stops?

Many thanks for any advice... ;)
SpaceTraveller
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:33 pm

Re: Newbie with a Question please?

Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:39 pm

This isn't perfect but it does half the job.
Screenshot 2021-03-14 163344.png
Screenshot 2021-03-14 163344.png (70.74 KiB) Viewed 9546 times
Sadler
 
Posts: 910
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:10 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: Newbie with a Question please?

Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:45 pm

I might also try linking Speed to the Volume, maybe with a Threshold modifier, and perhaps in combination with the above somehow.
Eric
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3205
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:28 pm

Re: Newbie with a Question please?

Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:06 pm

Sadler wrote:This isn't perfect but it does half the job.
Screenshot 2021-03-14 163344.png



Thanks for that Sadler - the video now starts when I click the wav file to play at '0' :)

The problem now is if I begin to play audio anywhere else on the wav audio timeline the video clip continues to play - and only stops If I go back to '0' on the wav timeline.

Is there any way for the video to match Stop and Start when I Stop and Start the wav file?
SpaceTraveller
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:33 pm

Re: Newbie with a Question please?

Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:29 pm

I still don't have a complete work-around but if you connect video Start Time with the Playback time combined with a volume threshold on Speed as Eric suggested it gets you a little further. You have to click the Go to Start trigger to sync the video to the playhead.

If you really need the stop and start of synced audio and video you could always NDI into Magic from VLC and bring the audio in through a virtual cable also from VLC.
Sadler
 
Posts: 910
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:10 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: Newbie with a Question please?

Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:14 pm

Sadler wrote:I still don't have a complete work-around but if you connect video Start Time with the Playback time combined with a volume threshold on Speed as Eric suggested it gets you a little further. You have to click the Go to Start trigger to sync the video to the playhead.

If you really need the stop and start of synced audio and video you could always NDI into Magic from VLC and bring the audio in through a virtual cable also from VLC.


Thank you for your reply, could you please explain the procedure for NDI - I am on Windows.

Could I sync up to sony vegas that is playing the video?
SpaceTraveller
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:33 pm

Re: Newbie with a Question please?

Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:15 am

I haven't done this exact thing myself though I have sent live video from vMix over NDI (between two machines).

You'll need NDI, the NDI plugins for Magic, a virtual audio port and a player that supports NDI (e.g. VLC). These are all freely available on the web. Search this forum for the plugins.

Set up VLC to play through NDI and push its audio through the virtual audio port. Although one can send audio over NDI, Magic doesn't support it yet.

Set up the NDI plugins in Magic to read from VLC's NDI stream and to listen on the virtual audio port.

You might also need to edit your audio settings if you (as a person) also want to listen to the audio.
Sadler
 
Posts: 910
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:10 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: Newbie with a Question please?

Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:53 pm

Sadler wrote:I haven't done this exact thing myself though I have sent live video from vMix over NDI (between two machines).

You'll need NDI, the NDI plugins for Magic, a virtual audio port and a player that supports NDI (e.g. VLC). These are all freely available on the web. Search this forum for the plugins.

Set up VLC to play through NDI and push its audio through the virtual audio port. Although one can send audio over NDI, Magic doesn't support it yet.

Set up the NDI plugins in Magic to read from VLC's NDI stream and to listen on the virtual audio port.

You might also need to edit your audio settings if you (as a person) also want to listen to the audio.



Thanks again for your help - I am still testing out solutions...
SpaceTraveller
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:33 pm

Return to General Discussion

© 2021 Color & Music, LLC • This web site is mobile-friendly