Previous topicNext topic

Audio Interface Roland UA-25EX

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
lightninrick

Audio Interface Roland UA-25EX

Post by lightninrick »

Hi All

My first post here, so please forgive any missteps.

I searched here and elsewhere for help with this, but with no luck.

I am trying to use a Roland UA-25EX USB Audio Capture interface to feed live audio into Magic. It shows up as a choice in the Input Sources window, but only as a MIDI device, not an audio source.

Has anyone found a way to use this device? It is kind of old, is there a newer device that others have had success with?

Thanks

Rick
Sadler

Re: Audio Interface Roland UA-25EX

Post by Sadler »

Check you can see it in "Sound Control Panel". Does it work in other apps?

The manual for your device says, "If you change the setting of this switch, you must close all software, disconnect the USB cable
that connects the UA-25EX to your computer, and then reconnect the USB cable"

I have an old audio interface, its ASIO driver is always visible to Magic but other channels (digital, midi etc) are only visible when physically connected.
lightninrick

Post by lightninrick »

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, the interface works with other applications. And in fact, audio from Magic plays through it. The problem is that the interface shows as a Midi input, not as an audio source. It is set as the default input and output in control panel.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

lightninrick

Post by lightninrick »

Thanks for the help guys! I have gotten it working. When I looked at the UA-25 in Control Panel, I saw it was set as the default in and out for sound. So the solution was to use IN 0 and IN 1 as the inputs, not the UA-25.

Thanks again!