Previous topicNext topic

"Input source" problems

Questions, comments, feedback, etc.
Espen

"Input source" problems

Post by Espen »

I am trying to get Magic to pick up "input source" signals from other software, like VLC, Reaper, and Firefox. The only thing that seems to work (after the 2.0 update) is if i use the "ASIO4ALL" driver (at least it works with Magic as long as i use a regular "jack" cable. I tried downloading 2 different ASIO drivers to get it to work with the HDMI cable; "ASIO2WASAPI" gave VERY distorted sound, and "FlexASIO", which gives good sound, and works with my HDMI connection, as well as showing up in the "input source" window of Magic - BUT the audio signals (from FLEXASIO) dont get processed inside Magic... Anyone have a solution for this :?:
Sadler

Re: "Input source" problems

Post by Sadler »

Have a read through this...
https://magicmusicvisuals.com/forums/vi ... p?f=3&t=10

ASIO drivers are intended to reduce latency from hardware and won't help with audio from other applications.
Espen

Post by Espen »

Sadler wrote:Have a read through this...
https://magicmusicvisuals.com/forums/vi ... p?f=3&t=10

ASIO drivers are intended to reduce latency from hardware and won't help with audio from other applications.
Ok..? IDK... But i did find out that i get Magic to pick up on audio signals if i choose "ASIO4ALL" in the "input souces". At least it works for Reaper, even if i dont use ASIO drivers in Reaper settings. Have not tried it with other aplications yet...
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

Well, IDK Reaper but I guess it is acting like an ASIO device somehow and therefore Magic hears it through ASIO4All. VLC and Firefox aren't ASIO devices - you'll need a software audio router for those and other apps.
Espen

Post by Espen »

Sadler wrote:Well, IDK Reaper but I guess it is acting like an ASIO device somehow and therefore Magic hears it through ASIO4All. VLC and Firefox aren't ASIO devices - you'll need a software audio router for those and other apps.
Actually... As long as i choose "FLEXASIO" in "Input Sources", it picks up on the sound from Firefox just fine - provided i use the aux cable (it does not work with the HDMI or optical cables). If i choose "ASIO4ALL", it stops the sound... Oh man, LOL! This has bothered me since version 2.0 came out :roll: Finally it works :P