Previous topicNext topic

Simple Animations and Layering examples

Live performances or exported movies created with Magic.
Basspartout

Simple Animations and Layering examples

Post by Basspartout »

Hey everybody :-)
I was searching for a program to do simple animations with and came across MMV. What a great program, easy to understand, stable, and soooo much fun to play around with!
Here's a little animation I made using transparent PNGs:
Still trying to get my head around the values and parameters for more complex movements. Here's mainly ramps and sinewaves.
visuality

Re: Simple Animations and Layering examples

Post by visuality »

Very nice, I would love see that turn into a story somehow, perhaps a children's story? The artwork is definitely there, awesome and thanks for sharing.
Basspartout

Post by Basspartout »

Not quite a children story yet, but after only a few weeks I already have enough material for advertising one of my children background songs. Love that masking feature for the text effects. Simply by changing the font and putting any other picture into the mask you can easily make very nice text effects. For the titles I used a pink butterfly png and for the end titles it's simply the bee 'flying' through the words and it looks fantastic.
Apart from that, it's basically simple beat independent movements, starfields and mostly layering transparent .pngs and masking, but it shows how much you can do with this genius program with very little effort.
rhcball

Post by rhcball »

i hadn't thought of using text for masks, thanks for the idea.
visuality

Post by visuality »

Subscribed! great work!
Basspartout

Post by Basspartout »

Thank you very much, guys :-)
Yes, the text masking options are pretty awesome and by themselves already worth the program.
You simply change the font and / or the picture for the mask and you get a whole effect.
I's especially interesting if you're using non rectangular shapes or pictures for the 'flythrough'.

PS: Try masking text with GLSL shaders, it's fun for hours :geek:
DreamDatu

Post by DreamDatu »

Hello. I'm new here, first post. :-)

I love this example, it's very inspiring and MMV seems fun to work with. I'll try to play around with the interface first.