Previous topicNext topic

First Video made with Magic to accompany my own music track

Live performances or exported movies created with Magic.
wellsley

First Video made with Magic to accompany my own music track

Post by wellsley »

I thought I would post my first video made with Magic, its accompanies my own music track which is made with music software Caustic 3. I know it may seem to seasoned users a little clumsy, but there is so much to learn, so hopefully I can get things a little better over time
Cheers
reaperjunkie

Re: First Video made with Magic to accompany my own music tr

Post by reaperjunkie »

Pretty cool. Nice mixing/mastering of the music by the way.
wellsley

Post by wellsley »

Cheers mate, thanks for the feedback, hopefully onwards and upwards, oh appreciate the comment on the music track as well :)
Terry Payman

Post by Terry Payman »

I like it - some extremely effective use of graphic images. Well done! :)
Are you using separate tracks/stems to control individual elements?

I find the video and music enjoyable throughout, but a couple of points come to mind which slightly reduce that enjoyment at times.

It jars a bit when the instrument I hear does not match the instrument I see. Once you have a larger library of instrument graphics, especially if you have different tracks, you'll be able to assign a appropriate graphic to each "acoustic" instrument. Also different abstract waveforms etc to different synth sounds.

Personally I find some sections of the video a little too "jittery" for my taste.
I presume you are using a Scale module to control a graphic's size by audio volume. Perhaps try adding a small amount (0.1s?) "peak" modifier to the Volume feature, so that the size decays more smoothly. The other modifiers can be very effective too. Also try Trails, which can again smooth out decays.

From the great promise shown I'm sure your videos will improve quickly. Thank you for sharing your inspiring first attempt :)
wellsley

Post by wellsley »

Thank you for your feedback, it's exactly the thing I need to hear, so really appreciate it. I am using the scale to modify by volume, and I can see what you mean by it being a bit jittery, it is what I thought, but knowledge wasn't htere to recitify it, so those tips are great. I'm not using stems, just the whole track, and yes again , it doesn't give the more complete control that stems would give, I'm just in the process of figuring out how to export the stems from the Caustic app I'm using so hopefully my next project I will do just that
Cheers mate
Terry Payman

Post by Terry Payman »

wellsley wrote:Thank you for your feedback
You're most welcome.
wellsley wrote:I can see what you mean by it being a bit jittery...but knowledge wasn't there...
You will find this forum amazingly responsive and supportive.

If ever you are dissatisfied with aspects of a scene or unsure how to achieve a desired effect, just ask!
Of course it's best to consult the User's Guide first, and to have worked through the many examples and tutorials, but sometimes it's hard to remember where one saw something given the wealth of information. Ask and you will be shown where, if it's already documented. If it's not documented, you will get suggestions. If it's not possible, but a good idea, Eric could well address it as feature request. It could even appear in the next release! :)