Previous topicNext topic

Some more Piano Visualization

Live performances or exported movies created with Magic.
TKS

Some more Piano Visualization

Post by TKS »

I had another Boogie Woogie song laying around, which was a good excuse to re-use my piano and place it into a smokey underground bar.
Not extremely sophisticated, but at least it features one of my unavoidable dancers on the piano :D

Best viewed in HD over at YouTube:
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Some more Piano Visualization

Post by Magic »

My only complaint is that your dancer isn't following the tempo of the music. Kinda distracts me. Can you adjust the speed?
TKS

Post by TKS »

Eric wrote:My only complaint is that your dancer isn't following the tempo of the music. Kinda distracts me. Can you adjust the speed?
I've computed the needed FPS for the JpegFolder with 3 decimal places and it still drifts :(
I guess I have to implement an expression which smoothly adjusts the FPS to the actual detected beat if I find a reliable way to do that. I guess with a MIDI source this should be easier than with an audio source, I'll try that...

My former approach (see my old post here: https://magicmusicvisuals.com/forums/vi ... 364#p11356) worked (somehow) for videos, but not for JpegFolders.
TKS

Post by TKS »

So, I've found a (more or less) simple and practical solution if anyone else should have a similar problem:
  • create a for the length of the animation suitable MIDI-clicktrack, here it was every 4th kickdrum
  • trigger the "Reload" parameter of the JpegFolder module with it so every time it's triggered the animation is started again with image 1. This works, but since this is not the intended use of this parameter a dedicated "Start" parameter would be nice @Eric :-)
  • select a FPS which is a bit to fast so the reload makes the animation jump
  • slowly dial down the FPS until the jumping disappears => the trigger happens exactly (more or less) on the last frame of the animation
Note (also to myself): it's a good idea to match the number of images to the BPM of the song. Having 75 images and a 170 BPM song is NOT a good idea because you always have 1/3 somewhere in the decimals.

YouTube won't let me change the current video without deleting it, but I'll do this with the next dancing-video of course...