Previous topicNext topic

Hope you enjoy this....

Live performances or exported movies created with Magic.
frd

Hope you enjoy this....

Post by frd »

Hi,
I produce music under the alias function(renderDream). I've been writing music for years, but only recently started creating videos for my tracks. My most recent track features visuals generated entirely within Magic, using Creative Commons custom shaders found on the 'net.
All scenes are rendered out to 4K. The Magic spat out 600Gb of video assets for this video, and resulting file uploaded to YouTube was 15Gb. Took days of rendering, despite running on an Mac M1.
I'm in the process of rendering the scenes for my next track.. I'm getting such a high from layering multiple renderers and triggering subtle changes using either audio sources or sines. I've barely touched the surface with Magic. What an awesome tool!

Anyway, enjoy.

Ego Drift by function(renderDream):
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Hope you enjoy this....

Post by Magic »

Pretty good! Subtle and matches the music well. I'd probably want a few more visual changes though, to keep it interesting.
TKS

Post by TKS »

frd wrote:... I've been writing music for years, but only recently started creating videos for my tracks...
Same here, I've written (and still write) tons of music, and since I've discovered Magic producing videos is my second big passion, it's just such an amazing (and addicting) tool to add visuals to the sound.

I like the video you've posted here, I think the music goes along well with your visuals.
hazardman

Post by hazardman »

nice shaders...goes well with your music...

just out of curiosity, are the shader coded to produce 4k of resolution?. If not, there wouldn't be a need to render out a video in a resolution higher than what the shaders can provide...this may save you some GBs!
frd

Post by frd »

hazardman wrote:nice shaders...goes well with your music...

just out of curiosity, are the shader coded to produce 4k of resolution?. If not, there wouldn't be a need to render out a video in a resolution higher than what the shaders can provide...this may save you some GBs!
Ha, that's a really good point! Thanks!
TEHK

Post by TEHK »

frd wrote:Hi,
I produce music under the alias function(renderDream). I've been writing music for years, but only recently started creating videos for my tracks. My most recent track features visuals generated entirely within Magic, using Creative Commons custom shaders found on the 'net.
All scenes are rendered out to 4K. The Magic spat out 600Gb of video assets for this video, and resulting file uploaded to YouTube was 15Gb. Took days of rendering, despite running on an Mac M1.
I'm in the process of rendering the scenes for my next track.. I'm getting such a high from layering multiple renderers and triggering subtle changes using either audio sources or sines. I've barely touched the surface with Magic. What an awesome tool!

Anyway, enjoy.

Ego Drift by function(renderDream):
Awesome work, the subtle changes in the effects being applied to that cloud shader (awesome shader BTW, I found it too, on shadertoy) are amazing! I'd love to learn how you're applying these effects. Would you be willing to share a magic file so a novice could learn your technique?