Previous topicNext topic

Visualised Post-rock

Live performances or exported movies created with Magic.
The Urban Hermit

Visualised Post-rock

Post by The Urban Hermit »

MMV was used to create effects used on the this diy, home recorded, post-rock video.

Video was edited using DaVinci Resolve and the music recored in Garageband.

https://youtu.be/CWnWHJ2ZKP0
TKS

Re: Visualised Post-rock

Post by TKS »

I like your lo-fi approach of your video, it works well with your music (and that's from someone who has the tendency to over-produce things ;-) )

What I would change conceptually is that your video should have some kind of path where it leads the viewer from some starting point (e.g. a distance overview of that region with all those wind turbines) to a destination (like a close-up of one of those wind turbines) to tell some kind of story.

But I think its already quite interesting as it is now!
The Urban Hermit

Re: Visualised Post-rock

Post by The Urban Hermit »

Thanks for the comment.

There has never been much of a narrative behind this idea. The origin was a few years ago I was driving past a wind farm and for a few moments the rhythm of the music, I was listening too in the car, was in time with the rotation of the turbines.

The idea was always for the video to be a montage. I would have liked to have shot a bit more video but have not had the time to go and shoot it. Fortunately the day I did go I got some interesting shots of the sunburst through the clouds.