Magic

Music Visuals
https://magicmusicvisuals.com/forums/

The Band is back for a little track, bit of the 80's.....

https://magicmusicvisuals.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2415

Page 1 of 1

The Band is back for a little track, bit of the 80's.....

Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:39 pm
by PoohBear
All done in Magic...

Track made in Reason

Instruments used.
UMPF Retro (Pet Shopping patch)
6 * DCO-106
2 * CA2600
Prophet 5VS
Processed Piano
Only effects used, Infected Mushroom Wider, UN-16(unison), Voltage Modular Chorus 60 (same one as in the DCO-106).
It didn't take me more than a couple of hours to make the track including all the patches, basic mixing not mastered , the video took several days LOL...

[media]

Re: The Band is back for a little track, bit of the 80's....

Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:27 pm
by Eric
Very enjoyable ;). I appreciate the amount of work you put into it.

My only suggestion is that I'd love to see some eyeballs in those heads next time ;)

Re: The Band is back for a little track, bit of the 80's....

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:53 pm
by Akiru
Nice! I haunt the ReasonTalk forum and had wondered what video sw you used for some of your animations. Now I know, same one I've just started using. :D

Re: The Band is back for a little track, bit of the 80's....

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:03 pm
by PoohBear
Akiru wrote:Nice! I haunt the ReasonTalk forum and had wondered what video sw you used for some of your animations. Now I know, same one I've just started using. :D


Yeah, another Reason user... Fits in really well with Reason, I have talked about Magic on a number of video's..
Can't wait to see what you do with it :)

Re: The Band is back for a little track, bit of the 80's....

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:25 pm
by PoohBear
Eric wrote:Very enjoyable ;). I appreciate the amount of work you put into it.

My only suggestion is that I'd love to see some eyeballs in those heads next time ;)


Thank you... :)
I'll have a think about eyeballs, cone shaped, cartoon like LOL..


I did have a problem with some side panels, I used a mask to get the shape on the CA2600 (blue instrument) and the DCO-106 (the other one ;) ) however I dropped it in the end as it would glitch at certain angles cutting out bits of the scene and I have also just realised that my robot legs are missing looking through the kick drum. I'm still new to the 3D world and just do a couple of things a year with Magic, love it..

Re: The Band is back for a little track, bit of the 80's....

Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:26 pm
by Akiru
PoohBear wrote:Yeah, another Reason user... Fits in really well with Reason, I have talked about Magic on a number of video's..
Can't wait to see what you do with it :)


This video was my cover of an old REM song, largely as a tribute to my mother. :)
https://youtu.be/Ko2gIMjrAtY

Actually I used Logic Pro instead of Reason for this, as it's more of an alt-rock style.

I've only got small amount of Magic effects worked into the video (which is Final Cut Pro based), as I'm still early in the Magic learning curve. But I imagine I'll find plenty of uses for it in future videos.
(aka Fotu on ReasonTalk... you've given me some great MIDI tips there in the past :))

Re: The Band is back for a little track, bit of the 80's....

Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:46 pm
by PoohBear
Akiru wrote:
PoohBear wrote:Yeah, another Reason user... Fits in really well with Reason, I have talked about Magic on a number of video's..
Can't wait to see what you do with it :)


This video was my cover of an old REM song, largely as a tribute to my mother. :)
https://youtu.be/Ko2gIMjrAtY

Actually I used Logic Pro instead of Reason for this, as it's more of an alt-rock style.

I've only got small amount of Magic effects worked into the video (which is Final Cut Pro based), as I'm still early in the Magic learning curve. But I imagine I'll find plenty of uses for it in future videos.
(aka Fotu on ReasonTalk... you've given me some great MIDI tips there in the past :))


Oh no a Logic Pro user, I can't talk to you then.. ;)

That was sweet that track..

Re: The Band is back for a little track, bit of the 80's....

Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:02 am
by visuality
I was definitely feeling a Kraftwerk vibe there on visuals, awesome, awesome stuff.

All times are UTC
Page 1 of 1