Previous topicNext topic

Alright Alright

Live performances or exported movies created with Magic.
Sadler

Alright Alright

Post by Sadler »

My last magic commission...careful with the strobey bits.
Terry Payman

Re: Alright Alright

Post by Terry Payman »

I love the music-responsiveness, with the opening shader in particular. It's awesome - your own creation? Congratulations, regardless.

Although I like the dancing in itself, for me the aesthetic of the background "lights" doesn't relate to the opening scene. The chasing is great, but for me the lights would tie in better if they each were pulsating concentric circles to match the opening shader.

Anyway, personal preferences aside, thanks for sharing another inspiring video Sadler!
Sadler

Re: Alright Alright

Post by Sadler »

Hey, thanks.

This great shader is not mine - I wish I had that skill and knowledge, maybe one day - but the tight responsiveness perhaps comes from using stems.

You are correct that there is a bit of a disconnect between the aesthetic of the shader and the dancers section - I was encouraged to make these sections more separated by the producer of the music. After six iterations getting to this point it was already taking too much time. I shall definitely keep your suggestion in mind for then next time I can find a place for light chasers.