Previous topicNext topic

Help request for Demo Reel

Live performances or exported movies created with Magic.
NNecaise@live.com

Help request for Demo Reel

Post by NNecaise@live.com »

Hi guys! I'm new to Magic but Im already a big fan. There are some things I really feel like im going about the wrong way though. Im using Magic to animate my demo reel right now and was wondering if anybody could give me some pointers? Id really love to change parameters kinda like automation in a DAW. For example Id love to change the transparency on the wave form and background at :56 in my video. Do I need to create a new scene to this or can I do somehow with the scene Im already on?

Sadler

Re: Help request for Demo Reel

Post by Sadler »

Yes you can do this within a scene.

Create a global with an increase modifier to use as a timer.

Then add an expression to your transparency something like if (timer<56, 1, 0) - this will cut your media in at 56 seconds. You can add a smooth after the expression to fade in (or out).

It is probably easier using the playlist though - especially if you want to adjust the timings a lot.
NNecaise@live.com

Thanks! That makes perfect sense. I was using delays to kinda get the same effect but this is way less convoluted and way more useful
NNecaise@live.com

I might be missing something but when I set the global to increase it just increases with no relation to the audio. Any idea? Using the delay modifier works but would be nice to be able to delay much longer than 1 second. Ive been adding 10 instances of delay lol. Im happy I just accidentally figured out how to hide the chain of modifiers by clicking the number beside the link button
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

You originally asked...
wondering if anybody could give me some pointers [how to] change the transparency on the wave form and background at :56 in my video
Nothing about audio in your question. You can make the Increase modifier respond to audio, but then it's not a timer.

Please be more clear about what you are trying to achieve.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »