Previous topicNext topic

Khatchaturian! Gesundheit.

Live performances or exported movies created with Magic.
wjniemi

Khatchaturian! Gesundheit.

Post by wjniemi »

This video is literally the product of 4 decades of work.

I first became aware of the Khatchaturian Toccata in 1978, the same year the composer died. That was just synchronicity (or coincidence?)

My recording is my own arrangement of the piece to which I've added percussion and synthesizers. I am going to assume that I'll take some flack from the purists not only for adding instruments to the composition, but also for my interpretation of it. If you check out other YouTube videos of this piece, it is apparently customary to play the middle section of this so fast that it no longer has any discernible rhythm. Also, many players use WAAAAAAAAAY too much rubato, again hashing up the rhythm to a point where I'm not a happy listener.

My recording of this is pretty much what I sound like on a good day at the Mason & Hamlin, minus the drums & synths. Again, I learned a lot about MMV in the process. I may videotape this piece with me playing it live just to prove I can actually do it. :-)

Thanks for the tools, Eric!

almilius@gmail.com

Re: Khatchaturian! Gesundheit.

Post by almilius@gmail.com »

Very cool stuff! I esp liked the scrolling keys :)
wjniemi

Re: Khatchaturian! Gesundheit.

Post by wjniemi »

Thank you.

Thank Eric for creating the code and objects upon which the scrolling keys were based!